If you own rental properties, you want coverage that can be tailored to your specific situation. As your Farmers agent, I can offer you a specialized policy for Landlord and Rental Property Insurance.
Landlord and Rental Coverage Highlights
We have a policy that fits the real-world situations for landlords today. You’ll get solid coverage in a highly flexible package. The Landlord program offers two Dwelling Fire policy options.
Dwelling Fire One provides basic coverage for many common losses such as fire, wind, smoke, hail and other named perils. In the event of the total loss, the loss settlement amount would be the Dwelling amount less any specific deductibles. Partial losses are settled on an Actual Cash Value basis.
Dwelling Fire Two provides broader coverage, called Comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage means we would cover most direct, sudden and accidental physical losses that aren’t specifically excluded in your policy. The loss settlement method is similar to the Dwelling Fire One but provides options for Replacement Cost and Extended Replacement Cost.
Landlord Optional Coverages
- Loss of Rents
- High Liability limits
- Personal Injury (available in most states)
- Replacement Cost coverage on Personal Property (not available in all landlord programs)
- Business Property and Liability
- Replacement Cost (RC) coverage on the dwelling and Extended RC
- Higher deductibles to help lower premium
- Repair Cost (available in most states)
- Water backup from sewers and drains (available in most states)